How are Tongue Ties and Lip Ties Treated Today?
Thanks to great advances in laser technology, our practice is able to quickly, and with little discomfort, deal with lip and tongue ties through CO2 laser surgery. This surgery uses the LightScalpel Laser, which has a multitude of benefits including:
- Your baby’s Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTs) can be released in minutes—with almost no discomfort or bleeding
- Tissue is released with a cool light beam that reduces inflammation and recovery time
- Precise controlling for a thorough and safe procedure
- Eliminates the need for a traditional scalpel, scissors, sutures or anesthesia in infant frenectomy cases (older children will often still require local anesthesia to make them more comfortable during the procedure)
- The newborns we treat can feed immediately after the procedure for comfort!
- Moms often notice a significant increase in personal comfort while breastfeeding as well
- The procedure can be done as early as the day your baby leaves the hospital
Contact our team today to learn more about Laser Frenectomy.